1st Lecture
- Goal of the course
- Precision
Honestly speaking, I was not very clear about what I am going to learn in CSC165. To my delight, the first lecture eliminate my doubts.
At the first lecture, Heap showed the syllabus and some related notification.Then he explained "What's CSC165" and "Why CSC165", which motivated me to learn it well and determined to lay a solid foundation for my further Computer Science study.
At the end of the lecture, he introduced the concept of precision of language to us,which he took some interesting English phrases(although some is difficult for a foreigner like me to understand) to show us the ambiguities in human language, which was difficult for computers to understand. Hence, the course will teach us to use rigorous mathematical expression and reasoning to convert our intentions to computers and keep a good balance of precision between computers and humans.
2nd Lecture and 3rd Lecture
Luckily,I took the MAT137 and CSC108. So, before Heap talking about set and quantifiers, I have reviewed set and proposition in MAT137. Besides, Heap uses the code of Python to demonstrate the concepts, I did not take much effort to understand it because the CSC108 was talking about Python.
In addition,the four steps to solve a problem that we have not seen a template for was penetrating and useful for not only CSC165 but also many other subjects, like math and physics. As to myself, I believed the first step(Understand the problem) is most significant to solve a problem. When confronting with a seemed insolvable problem, I will learn to calm down and get to know what is given and what is required systematically instead of being confused by tons of figures and words. The last step(Review) is also very useful for thoroughly understanding roadblocks before and optimizing your solution by convincing a skeptical peer and leading you to extend the solution to another new problem.
At the end of the lecture, he introduced the concept of precision of language to us,which he took some interesting English phrases(although some is difficult for a foreigner like me to understand) to show us the ambiguities in human language, which was difficult for computers to understand. Hence, the course will teach us to use rigorous mathematical expression and reasoning to convert our intentions to computers and keep a good balance of precision between computers and humans.
2nd Lecture and 3rd Lecture
- Set and proposition
- Steps to solve unknown problems
Luckily,I took the MAT137 and CSC108. So, before Heap talking about set and quantifiers, I have reviewed set and proposition in MAT137. Besides, Heap uses the code of Python to demonstrate the concepts, I did not take much effort to understand it because the CSC108 was talking about Python.
In addition,the four steps to solve a problem that we have not seen a template for was penetrating and useful for not only CSC165 but also many other subjects, like math and physics. As to myself, I believed the first step(Understand the problem) is most significant to solve a problem. When confronting with a seemed insolvable problem, I will learn to calm down and get to know what is given and what is required systematically instead of being confused by tons of figures and words. The last step(Review) is also very useful for thoroughly understanding roadblocks before and optimizing your solution by convincing a skeptical peer and leading you to extend the solution to another new problem.
没有评论:
发表评论